Promoted. :)

I will be starting a new work on Monday. Well actually, it's not really new. Hmmm...

Three years ago, I was chosen to be the Reports Analyst of an international travel account where I used to be a customer service representative. Being in charge of client reports and employee incentive computation, that was really a tedious and stressful work for me. Really. I even had to be confined due to acute bronchitis after a few stressful months. A year after, an opportunity came and I was promoted as Real-Time Analyst (RTA) and was transferred to a different department. The RTA job was less stressful and I even got to be in the morning shift for a couple of months.

Another blessing came this month, when the managers of the same travel account asked me if I'd want to be, once again, their Reports Analyst, for of course a rate that's higher than what I currently have. Whew!

It was somewhat a tough decision, because I'm really enjoying the team and the responsibilities that I have. It's like, waking up, going to work, enjoying the work, doing my responsibilities, then go home and enjoy my life. Sarap di ba?!! I never get to think of anything about work outside office. I didn't have to worry about anything I may have left undone or any issues unresolved, because that's how great my teammates are! And the best perk of my current position: being in the morning shift! It's a bit early shift, though, because I have to be in the office at 5am. But since I'm out at 2:00 PM, I'm still able to do some errands, like going to the bank or do some groceries and still have time for my family. I should be asleep at around 9:00 PM and get up at 3am, but I really don't mind that! Masarap ang buhay ko! 

But I still took the offer and signed up for the job though I know that I'd have to sacrifice especially my almost-normal time and somehow my health. But hey, not everyone gets offered a job for a higher pay. Others really apply for it and work for it. Others get rejected and they try again and still get rejected. Most employees, especially in a Call Center environment, get stuck in a position for a long time, no matter how hardworking they are. And I'm really blessed that for my almost four years in the company, I was offered different opportunities with different working environment every year. I am blessed that my managers recognize my potential, and they really value the output of my work.

More importantly, this came just right on time when I knew I needed extra income. Who doesn't need money? And it's the perfect timing, just when we decided to save up and settle down two years from now.

Oh Lord, thank You for the blessing, and thank You for the challenge. I know I'm on to a stronger and better me.

Now, am I ready? YES I AM!

$$*kaching! kaching! kaching!*$$

1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by! Leave your mark, please? :)