A Five-Star Valentines Surprise



After a tiring trip from SM Megamall, Lloyd insisted that we have our dinner at Saibachi in Festival Mall. His buddy Ray agreed with that, said that he doesn't want us get stuck in the EDSA traffic, and Lloyd was craving for some Japanese food. So wala na lang kaming nagawa ni Mars, although we still insisted that we at least grab a bite pantawid-gutom somewhere. We had some siomai before we hailed a bus Alabang-bound. While at the bus, I would sometimes catch Lloyd texting but he didn't tell me who or why, when he usually does. So anyway, I just didn't mind.

The boys did a pretty good job in diverting our attention and keeping us busy by throwing one topic to another. While walking along the South Station footbridge, we discussed about the new Crimson Hotel. Because my Kuya TJ works there as a restaurant manager, I was of course proud to throw in what I knew about the hotel, although I haven't been there yet. So Ray had this "bright idea (kuno)", that why don't we visit the place. Tripping ba? At dahil HHWW kaming 2 couples, the boys just took the lead and we entered the place for a 5-star hotel experience.

Mars and I just kept admiring the place, the walls and the elevator (that if you press the doorbell button, an operator would respond in case you're having some emergency). Cool! There were only a few buttons at the elevator, which implies that there are only a few levels operational at this hotel for now. Although this is my first time in the place, I hit on the L8 button only because kuya TJ told me that their resto is at the 8th floor (hence the resto's name).

We headed straight to the Cafe Eight where my Kuya works. I had no idea if he's on duty, and I can't text him either 'cause my phone battery is drained. I asked Lloyd to text kuya to tell him we're in, and Lloyd just nodded. I finally got speechless when the receptionist asked us "Do you have reservation?" Being the intrimitida that I am, I was about to answer no and that we are just looking for my kuya. But before I was able to say a word, Lloyd immediately replied, "yes, for Lloyd Bartolome. table for 4." And all I was able to say was, "what is going on?!?"

So we sat ourselves, Mars and I still puzzled while Lloyd and Ray are just very relaxed and confident. The waitress asked us if we'd go for buffet or a la carte, and I really just can't respond! So she just handed us the a la carte menu, and dining at a five-star hotel, you know the price! The waitress, Belle, asked us again, "is there any problem, Ma'am?" Yes there is! I don't even know why I'm here! I asked her if TJ Pelagio is around, because I'm his sister. She said he's at the office at the 4th floor, and will come up in a while, said she'll just let him know we're in. And again she asked, "buffet or a la carte?" Lloyd proudly said: "buffet! buffet tayo!" Seriously, mahal??!? Dinner buffet rate at Cafe Eight is at Php 1,400/pax. 1400 LANG naman! NOOOO!!!

Lloyd stood up confidently and went to the main course area to check on the dishes. Ray finally joined him as they both approached a waitress. Mysteriously, they were led to another door that I don't know where it leads to. Mars and I were both puzzled and clueless with what's going on. I can almost see flying question marks around my head. I can feel blood and sweat all over my head. After a few minutes, finally, that door where they entered opened up again, and Lloyd and Ray came out, each of them holding a bouquet of flowers for me and Marshee. SWEEEETNESS! EEEEE!!!!!

ako na maganda. :)
yay for double dates! :) 

Kuya TJ came out as well, and witnessed how his little sister was surprised by her lover. Kuya was actually an accessory to the plan. Haha. Super Sweet! And Lloyd is just the sweetest guy, that he secretly deals with my family for his valentines surprises for me. How sincere, right?

For the rest of the night we just enjoyed the food, which were all super delicious, and the romantic and fun ambiance. The crew members were very friendly and attentive (well, they should be. yari sila kay kuya hehe) and there were really a lot of dishes to choose from (although kuya said that the menu was incomplete last night, there were a few dishes which are not available). I'm not gonna discuss more about the food, because I'm really not good at that. I'm sure the delightful duo will.

Right now, as I write this, I'm still in awe and amazed how last night turned to be a super special one. Last February 14, although I'm contented with just seeing Lloyd for only 15 minutes of bliss (story here), I admit that I can't help but be envious of the ladies I see with their flowers or special gifts, or just being with their special someone. But hey, hearts day doesn't end at 23:59 of Feb14. And the boys are right, korni ang madaming kasabay. So yesterday, February 17, they made me and Mars feel that we are the prettiest of all the ladies in the universe.

Good job talaga ang tandem n'yo, Lloyd and Ray! Mars and I are just overwhelmed and we feel super blessed for having you. Paki-hanap na lang 'yung dulo ng hair namin. Ang haba kaseeeh.

After dinner, Lloyd and I still had time to bond with Kuya TJ at Gilligan's ATC, as we waited for his wife Ate Che. And it's funnier when I learned that Ate Che also knew of Lloyd's plans, that she panicked when I posted on Facebook that we were going to Megamall. She called up Kuya despite her busy day at work, "tuloy ba sila Lloyd? nasa Megamall daw sila." where Kuya replied "yes, tuloy sila, after Megamall." So that's when I knew about almost everything that happened behind the scenes. Kulit!

Good job Mahal! Sabi nga nila kuya, champion ka talaga! Five stars for you! Thanks for making my everyday filled with love. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! Leave your mark, please? :)