it's not the flowers...



it's not the flowers, wrapped in fancy papers
it's not the ring i wear around my fingers
there's nothing in all the world i need
'cause i have you here beside me

- your love --jim brickman -

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is just a busy month at work. I've been working for almost 12 hours each day and get an average of 4-5 hours of sleep in the broad daylight. But aside from the hectic month that is, I still find February a special month. Well hello, Valentine's day!

For two years in a row, Lloyd has surprised me with sweet things on love day. It's really not of him to be mushy or carrying a bouquet of roses. But he did! He would always have something, not just for me, but also for my mom. For me, that's the sweetest! And we opted not to go out to date, not only that we both hate traffic and waiting, but because we just want to share the day with my parents, my family. 

But it's different this time. We're working on different timezones. I work on graveyard and he works at midshift. I'm having a tough time with my reports, and he's got a meeting at work. It's almost impossible to have our times meet. But it's ok. We're ok. Eh ano naman ngayon? We have all the weekend to spend together (plus the bridal fair coming up).

But still, love can just find a crazy way sometimes. Or maybe because I'm just so makulit and malakas kay Papa God that He still allowed me to see Lloyd even for just less than 15 minutes. But that's 15 minutes of bliss. No roses, no sweets, no power hug, but pure bliss, and paying our bills together. Love is contentment. Love is simple happiness, yet joy unlimited. 

For most girls, valentine's day somehow gives us a right to be girls, to be given gifts, to be pleased. But hey lady, love is not about receiving, but it's about giving. It's not about the gifts and sweets, but it's about joyful love. It's about spreading love. Not only to your partners, but more importantly to your families, friends, workmates, and even to a stranger. And it's not only just on Valentine's day that we remember what love is. It has to be every. single. day. 

And may we not forget that this week also starts the Lenten Season. And Lent is not only about not eating meat on Fridays, and anticipating a long weekend on Maundy Thursday til Easter Sunday. It's about that greatest love that Jesus died on the cross. I have just started reading, again, Rick Warren's best seller The Purpose Driven Life to start my Lenten journey. And Day 1 says, "It's not about you." To love is not to be loved back. To love is to expect nothing in return, and find joy in loving and giving.

My prayer last Wednesday is to have a renewed love from this point forward. Maybe we just always have to be reminded what love is. We know love and we all love, because we have emotions and feelings. We were taught to love since we were little kids. We grew, experienced love, and some may get hurt, be bitter, some may fall down and love no more. 

And I want to share with you, dear reader, my prayer, that may we all find renewed love. And we can only find that by going back to what the Lord has taught us. By reminding ourselves what love is, as He has told us. And though it has been used a lot, in songs, in movies, in everywhere, but I hope you find this video, a song by Brandon Heath, inspiring and reflecting. And dear reader, just a simple assurance, no matter what, love never fails you. 





May your heart always be filled,

meimei




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! Leave your mark, please? :)