Where it all began...



I'm here sitting in my hotel room. I know I should be having my beauty rest by now, but thank you to the wedding jitters, plus some take home work (yeah right! i'm such a workaholic. Eww.), I'm still up!

I have long wanted to write this blog entry. I really wanted to write about our love story, because I want to tell everyone how blessed and thankful I am, and I thought that a day before my wedding would be a perfect time to tell everyone about it. So when you see me walking down the aisle, with my beautiful white wedding gown, you'll know how happy we are and you can relate with my thanksgiving and celebration.

So, how did our roads meet?

It was a rainy afternoon of August 8, 2010, my Papa and I drove our way to an SFC Gathering. That was the dedication ceremony of the CLP batch that season. Since it was raining, I was doubtful and double-hearted if I should go. But since Papa and I will be rendering an intermission number (since we just won a duet singing competition a week ago), I was obliged to go.

I was not an active SFC member then, so I only knew a few faces. I decided to try to enjoy meeting new brothers and sisters, and just have fun with their company. And then, I noticed this super jolly brother, with his big DSLR camera. He would take pictures of everyone, and then play jokes with his ka-chapters. He was just so funny that it's very difficult not to notice him. He would make everyone laugh and smile, including me.

Finally, my song number with my Papa was done, and this jolly brother came up to me with his DSLR camera to take us some pictures. And then he told me that he would just tag me on Facebook. And when the program is about to end, he approached me for the second time to ask for my name, so he "could add me on facebook." Yun na pala 'yun!

During that time, I put my mobile number on my profile so my SFC and YFC friends could easily contact me. And so, the next day, while I was prepping up for work, I received a message from an unknown number... "Good evening Sis Maybel. Bro Lloyd here, I got your number from your Facebook account." So I replied, and he texted back, and we texted nonstop for days, for weeks, for a month... :)

duma-da-moves!

He has shown me his sincere intentions throughout the courtship. I have prayed for him and asked God sincerely if he is someone worth praying for. I had three criteria then: a) he should be God fearing, b) he should love his family, c) he should love my family. I was amazed with how God revealed each of these criteria with Lloyd. Perfect score eh!


There was one specific event where I really asked the Lord for him. That time, I was confused if he is really for me, or if I could see him in my future. So on the morning of August 24, 2010, I went to church from work to hear Mass, and I asked the Lord, "Papa God, pwede bang for today, wag mo munang paalala sa isip ko si Lloyd? Or if You really want him for me, Kayo na po bahala..." And just when the Holy Mass started, the first words the priest said were "Magandang umaga sa inyong lahat. Ngayong araw na ito ay ipinagdiriwang natin ang kapistahan ni San Bartolome". At that point, I swear! I smiled, and I got teary-eyed. I knew then that the Lord will take care of my heart, because He has given me someone to take care of His princess.

Right now, I don't know if it's already sinking in me. I'm still occupied with to-do lists for tomorrow, being the OC that I am. But hey, the Lord's promise to me is about to unfold a few hours from now. In a few hours, I will be changing my last name, I will have someone to take care of me 'til forever. My dreams will never be just my dream anymore, but OUR dreams, and yes, he's there to be with me always as we reach for those dreams, together.

To Lloyd, you are just downstairs, but I miss you most now. But I will keep myself from missing you, because I know you'll be waiting for me later, at the other end of the aisle, and that begins our forever. Ang umiyak, panget! :)


Ok, I should sleep now!





3 comments:

  1. Wow.. GOD BLESS both of you.. aja.. ATPHD/SFC (KM)
    ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im smiling while reading this blog.. meant to be talaga. how happy i am for both of you.. me, karen & josh wish you best.. God bless us all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you sir Donelle and KM. :D God bless din po... ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! Leave your mark, please? :)