Christmas simple joys


Christmas this year may have not turned out the way it used to. Mama cooked my favorite spaghetti and  Papa grilled some meat for Noche Buena, but because everyone has gotten tired of the day, we were all already asleep by 11:40 PM, few minutes before Noche Buena. Kuya TJ couldn't come over because he has duties at the hotel. And of course Kuya Maic is working thousand miles away. The worst part is, I have work on a Christmas night.

But there's just A LOT to be thankful for this season.
datebook. looove!


~ Lovely Gracee dropped by on the 24th to give me her Christmas gift. And though I was not home then and I wasn't even able to answer her call, she still exerted the effort to come around to give her gift, and to visit little Amiel. Now that's love. And for her gift: a kikay purple 2013 datebook from Tomato. Lovely! I'm now excited to plan my year. hihi. Thanks dear!


~ Got a cutesy pink cellphone accessory from one of the most wonderful couples I know: Ray and Mars. (ayun nginangatngat na ni little pogi!) eeeee...thanks lovebirds!


~ Yurie, Lloyd's inaanak was amazingly overwhelmed with our gift to her (a pink hello kitty backpack) that she didn't let go of it as soon as she unwrapped it. It just feels good to see someone appreciate a gift  you've really thought of, especially from a kid whose love is pure and sincere.


~ I know it's mababaw, but i'm reaaallly happy to have received a gift from Lloyd's Ate Cha. It was one of my random Christmas wishes fulfilled. I have always aimed to be closer to Lloyd's one and only sister, and I know this is a good start. thanks Ate!


~ Having little Amiel at home just made me really excited for Christmas day, for him. Every time he sees blinking Christmas lights, he would always go, "WOW", the sight of pure innocence and happiness.


~ After almost a year of suffering from stroke, Ate Adel is healthier and more blooming. She has gained weight, and almost back to her old self. The only thing that's missing is her walking, and she's really determined to walk very soon, or before Kuya Maic comes home on April next year. When we went to their place yesterday, there she was sitting in front of the computer, chatting with her friends on Facebook. :)


~ And I guess one of the best part of my Christmas day was Kuya Maic Skype-ing with his family. It's been tough since he worked overseas, and tougher when Ate Adel got sick. And it's just nice how technology brings the family closer even only on special days. Kuya looks better, ang gwapo! and looks healthy. And I'm thankful that his kids, Miggy and Amiel were both on a good mood that they really showed their best kulit on camera. Miggy danced and shouted while Amiel made pa-cute on camera. Super cute! Kuya's smiling at how lovely his kids are is just priceless. And of course Ate Adel is energized and refreshed after they have talked. I'm just excited for Kuya to come home on April.


~ Lastly, I am just really thankful to be with my three families on Christmas day: my own family, Lloyd's family and my officemates (yes! I got work on Tuesday night!).


It was one busy day, maybe it's just like any other day to some, but for me, Christmas is still Christmas. And if there's anything that we should be really thankful of, that is the coming of our Savior Jesus Christ. He is still the reason for this season. Despite everything that may have happened around us, may His birth remind us to be hopeful and grateful, to be loving and forgiving. And like the star shining brightly in Bethlehem, may His love shine in us, in our families, or wherever we may be.


So from my family to yours, may you have a Merry Christmas everyday and a joyful 2013 ahead.


Our Christmas family picture from last year, Amiel is still inside his mommy's tummy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! Leave your mark, please? :)