Magical.



It was one ordinary Sunday night of March last year, Lloyd and I were sitting on a bench in our terrace from 12:00 AM 'til about 4. When we had no more stories to tell each other about, he got his Ipod and played his cruisin' playlist. So we listened to the best love songs of all time. There were hits by David Pomeranz, America, Ariel Rivera, The Carpenters. Talk about Classics! We're both music lovers that we can appreciate every aspect of a song, from the harmony, to the baseline, to the lyrics, to the feelings of the song. For this night, he's the DJ. He played each song that he felt was apt for the exact feeling at a certain minute. So suddenly, the ordinary night turned out to be one of the sweetest nights ever. And listening to such songs made me reminisce to a lot of firsts: first time we talked, we went to church together, our first month as friends, first time he held my hands. gaaahd. Magical night. And to further intensify my reminiscin', he told me, "so ganito ba 'yung pakiramdam?" then played this song that really best described my feelings. Yes, suddenly it's magic. He's a magic.




So I closed my eyes, rested my head on his shoulder with his arms wrapped around me as we continued feeling the song. So that moment, I prayed. I thanked the Almighty. For this. I knew that this is something I have really prayed hard for. Not just this certain moment, but this entire relationship. Him and me. I feel at home with him. He is home. and I couldn't thank God enough for making our lives meet. 
When the song was over, I looked up to him smiling to tell him how he has filled me with joy. 
Right there and then, he asked me of a four-word interrogative sentence every girl would love to be asked. :) 
With my mind at peace and a thankful heart full of love, of course I answered him yes.

2 comments:

  1. wooooow congrats Marekoy!!! magical moments like this is always for the win!!! hehe. happy for you! -love, mards and pards :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. weeee... thank you mards!!! :) I'm sure you and pards already have plans too.... I can feel it. ayeeee. :D seeyahsoooon!!!

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by! Leave your mark, please? :)