till we meet again, Superman!




"But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself" - Philippians 3:20-21

-----------------

Last week during one of my super quick breaks, I bumped into +Paolo Gamilla, a trainer in one of the programs I used to look after. Just a few minutes before that, Facebook mobile have just informed me that it's Paolo Doria Gamilla's birthday, hence I greeted him aloud. With his usual sweet smile, he said, "thanks May!"


Paolo is one of the jolliest persons I've met at work. He'd greet everyone with a smile. He has this happy aura that's just contagious. He'd walk with superb confidence on the production floor, and you can just smile and be lighten up. He can just be an instant good vibes for such a busy shift on the floor.

Their program once had this Customer Service Week and as a treat to the CSRs, the program leads, including Paolo, put a place on the floor where everyone can get unlimited brewed coffee and some biscuits to munch on. And I can still remember how joyfully and passionately Paolo refilled the coffee-maker and served everyone, for that entire week. I really appreciate when he called me to just anything I want from that table. And when I just can't stand up from my station because of all the workload, he just put a pile of biscuits on my station instead. I know it may be something ordinary, but the way he does it, with soooo much love, makes it extra special. 

During the company's halloween parties, I would always look forward to what Paolo will be wearing. I mean, he really prepares for it, and he's really good at it. To prove that, he has bagged the best costume award for a few years in a row. 


pretty scary, right?


I didn't have that chance to be really close with him. But my few fond memories of him had really touched me. He's just genuine and sweet. And he loves Superman! :) 

So, five days after I greeted him on his birthday, I learned that he passed away. He had a heart attack after their trekking at Mt Gulugod Baboy in Anilao, Batangas. That getaway was supposedly a post-birthday celebration for him. I'm still having goosebumps when I browse through the last pictures that he posted on Facebook. They were as if premonitions. Here was the last one.


Pao's caption on Facebook: "I could almost see it."

He may be gone too soon, at the time we all have least expected. But I guess that's how life is. What's important is, he has lived a meaningful life. I can prove this with how his friends are now taking care of all the wake and interment stuffs. Pao lives alone and his siblings and relatives are all in the US/province, and so everything is being taken care by his friends. True love. 


I know he is a big lost to everyone. He's not just a well-respected trainer, but also a good friend and colleague. And I know he is now in a good place. A wonderful place we are all looking forward to. He just went ahead of us. 

'Till I see you again, Paooeey!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! Leave your mark, please? :)