Masterchef!

Masterchef US never fails to amaze me. Lawyers, Truck driver, single mom, pool boy, name it! Everyone can cook! And I think it's an awesome job to be a judge. You'd get to taste everything they cook, try to remember all the ingredients and spices this earth knows, then say something nice (or nasty, if the dish calls for). And no matter how beautiful the plating is, all that matters is the blend of the taste in your dish, and the feelings that arise from these tastes. Quite a tough job, right?

So after watching Masterchef US this morning, Lloyd got too inspired to cook today and spent half of the day in the kitchen. He cooked breakfast and lunch for the whole family. Yup, he did all the cooking, while I did the marketing, housekeeping, and uhh, cheering [moral support ftw. :p] He has always loved cooking since he was young. He told me before that he really wanted to take up HRM, but ended up in Engineering. And I know he really has a future in Culinary Arts, so if he decides to change careers, I'd really give him my 120% support. 

Anyway, back to our cooking, he cooked my all-time favorite special scrambled eggs for our breakfast. For lunch, he cooked Adobong Pusit (also my favorite, his mom knows it), Marinated porkchop, and Pansit Canton. No fancies, just homestyle cooking.

our breakfast: scrambled eggs, hotdogs, hot pandesal, baked mac, and three cups of coffee (for me, Lloyd, and his mom)

Here are some other dishes we tried before, and I really, really enjoyed every minute of our cooking sessions.

Caesar Salad ala Tolome


The Over-LLOYD-ed pizza

So now you know why I'm such a healthy person, right? :) Well, thank God for this guy who doesn't only fill me with love, but also fill me with delici-awesome food. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! Leave your mark, please? :)